Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pitlochry

Life in Scotland: what can I say?!  It's absolutely beautiful here; reminds me a lot of Washington state.  I've been on a few walks and hikes, and I keep forgetting where I am.  There's a park with a waterfall nearby that looks just like Whatcom Falls, and a little inlet on the river that looks like a part of Larrabee State Park.  The most similar thing, though, is the RAIN.  Rain and cold, clouds and rain, all day, every day... And it's summer.  Oh well.  Like I said, it's beautiful, and in an odd way (minus the cold), refreshing.  There is a sense of renewal that hangs in the air.  The people who are hosting us are kind and caring, opening their homes to us, and welcoming us warmly.  The scenery is green and luscious; even as a team we have been resting and enjoying some extra free time...
Last week we visited Edinburgh and the world-famous Fringe Art Festival, where we also hiked up to the spot where one of the scenes from "Chariots of Fire" was shot.  It happened to be a gorgeous day and we had the chance for a few good photos in the sunshine...  



1 comments:

Post a Comment