Tuesday, July 17, 2012

High School

Yesterday I had an amazing experience: I felt like I was 16 again!  Now, I may be 24, quickly going on 25, but that was not how I thought of myself a day ago!
We performed at a high school in Wolverhampton, England... who would have thought :)  Anyhow, I want to go to that school; it was so nice!  It reminded me of where I used to go to school in Holland; so diverse, but much friendlier than what I remember it being like... I met a few girls from Amsterdam - from my old hood :)  They were overly excited when they found out that I speak Dutch - I'm glad it made such an impact!  Ha.
At any rate, it was a good day: so many smiling faces, the opportunity to mingle with students and staff, and perform our full show twice.  Why do I find myself wishing I was back in high school?  Only for a second, really.  Wouldn't it be nice to feel like your whole life was ahead of you, to not carry financial and social responsibilities, and to spend every day in an environment geared toward your growth and education?...
Yeah, who am I kidding?!  Maybe in hind-sight that's what high school is like, but I know the reality of it.  It sure doesn't feel like utopia when you're in it - and not that it is.  I wouldn't trade the experiences I've had since then for anything (well, maybe one or two, but that's a different story), and I enjoy the life of an adult... but still... I guess at the end of the day, it's not all that bad :)  If only more high schoolers could appreciate what's in front of them instead of trying to grow up faster... Just a random thought for the day :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment